Housed in Original SA Mint Display Box
* 22ct gold (91.67% pure)
* Contains 1oz pure gold
* Iconic gold coin
* Housed in original SA Mint box
* Perfect proof quality as issued
* Internationally recognised
* GST included in price
The Krugerrand has been minted since 1967 and is the most widely held bullion coin in the world. More than 48 million Krugerrands have been minted by the South African Mint. The Krugerrand is struck from 22 carat gold (91.67%), with the remaining 8.33% of the coin's weight being copper. Each Kruggerand weighs 33.93grams and contains 1oz of actual gold.
The obverse design features Paul Kruger, the famous South African President, while the reverse design features the springbok antelope. Although Krugerrands are considered legal tender coins they do not have a face value and are traded based on the prevailing value of their gold content.