Perth Mint's Latest lunar coin representing Confidence, Power & Good Fortune
These 1 oz 2024 Australian Lunar Year of the Dragon Silver Bullion coins celebrate the Year of the Dragon, the fifth animal of 12 in the Chinese Lunar calendar. Chinese astrology describes people born in the years of the dragon, such as 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024 and every 12th year before/after that as confident, ambitious, charismatic and intelligent.
* Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver
* Individual coins are packaged in Acrylic Plastic Capsules with multiples of 20 typically coming in mint-sealed rolls and multiples of 100 in official Perth Mint sealed boxes
* GST free
* Sold out at The Perth Mint!
* Obverse depicts effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, with her years of reign (1952-2022) along with the face value, weight and fineness.
* Reverse showcases a Dragon beside a flaming pearl, seen as the symbol of wisdom, expelling water from its mouth surrounded by an immersive wavy backdrop. Below the Dragon is the Chinese character for “dragon”, inscription “DRAGON 2024”, and The Perth Mint’s “P125” mint mark, celebrating their 125th anniversary.
* Sovereign coin backed by Australia government
THE PERTH MINT LUNAR SERIES:
The Perth Mint Lunar Series is one of their most popular series to date and is produced in Gold, Silver and Platinum. The series originally began in 1996 with the launch of Series I and has become a highly collected series around the world. Each of the 1 oz coins in the series has select limited mintages which creates the potential for collector appeal in future years, evidenced by their instant sell-out year after year.