- Ancient Gold Coins
- Ancient Silver Coins
- The Highest Quality Available to the Australian Market
Everything we enjoy about the modern world would not have been possible without the innovations of the ancient civilisations. From science to literature and politics, the Ancient Greeks and Romans had an influence so profound that we still see their echoes everywhere today.
Why choose KJC for Numismatic Coins?
- Kurt Jaggard is a renowned figure in the global Numismatic community, particularly celebrated for his expertise in the Australia Gold Sovereign series. His name carries significant recognition and is frequently cited in the sale of rare coins at leading auctions worldwide.
- Kurt Jaggards’ extensive experience extends not only to the establishment of KJC Coins Australia Pty Ltd in 1995 but also to his prior role as Managing Director and co-owner of Jaggards, a legacy coin dealership established in 1963 by his parents. Jaggards has since changed hands and is now operated by individuals unrelated to the Jaggards family’s legacy, history or expertise.
- Kurt Jaggard’s involvement, both direct and indirect, spans the majority of the world’s leading and highest-quality Australian Gold Sovereign Collections. Notable collections include the Duoro Cargo Hoard, Sharps Pixley Collection, and Robert Jaggard Collection among numerous others. Additionally, Kurt Jaggard has amassed a selection of the finest-known Queen Victoria Australian Gold Sovereigns. His extensive International experience and connections around the world have enabled him to assist collectors in sourcing rare pieces and completing Australian Gold Sovereign sets, both directly and indirectly with suppliers and personal collectors.
- KJC Coins Australia Pty Ltd remains a family-run, multi-generational company. Kurt and Nathalie Jaggard continue to lead the company, and their daughter, Remie Jaggard, holds the position of Business Manager for day-to-day operations. This continuity ensures that our name, vast experience, and exceptional international reputation persist for the benefit of our valued clientele.
Kurt Jaggard Coins (KJC) Establishment & Notable Achievements:
- In 1995, Kurt Jaggard Co (KJC) Coins Australia Pty Ltd was founded by Kurt & Nathalie Jaggard
- In 1998, KJC secured an exclusive agency agreement with the French Mint during the 1998 World Cup, demonstrating our commitment to international partnerships and prestigious events.
- In 1999, KJC proudly assumed the role as the exclusive official supplier of the complete Gold Sovereign collections (1899-1931) for the momentous Perth Mint Centenary celebrations. Every coin was meticulously sourced, authenticated, and personally graded by Kurt Jaggard, highlighting our renowned reputation and dedication to Numismatic excellence.
- Leading up to the Sydney Olympics in 2000, KJC secured nationwide contracts with Thomas Cook Limited
- In 2006, KJC’s public auction division, KJC Monetary Auctions, achieved a groundbreaking sale by setting the world record with the sale of a 1920 Sydney Gold Sovereign, which realised $582,500. Our commitment to the rare coin market’s growth and prestige is evident in this achievement.
It is not often one is able to gaze at the portrait of some of history's most famous individuals like Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Augustus and many others, the lives of these important individuals have shaped our own society and paved the way for us to continue learning, inventing, and challenging the boundaries of what is possible.
This is why ancient coins are so exciting and important. They give us clues about how our ancestors lived and help us paint a picture of society hundreds of years ago.KJC is proud to bring you a varied and valuable collection of ancient coins and artefacts, enabling you to own a special piece of a history long past that will continue to be celebrated far into the future.
A highly prized collection of Ancient coins
Our collection of ancient coins is a real treasure. Featuring some of the earliest examples of coinage from the Archaic and Classical periods, our rare coins from Ancient Greece date from several hundred years BC.
We also offer fine examples of coinage and rare artefacts from Ancient Rome, whose empire followed directly on from Ancient Greek civilisation. Many of the traditions and practices from this time formed the basis of modern society as we know it. These artefacts give us a unique insight into the lives of these early societies and bring history to life in a tangible form.
Own a piece of ancient history for yourself
KJC is in the fortunate position of being able to offer you coins and artefacts from ancient civilisations to own at affordable prices. As an independent, privately owned company, we have no restrictions on the products we can sell or the prices we can offer, making it easier than ever before for you to own an important piece of history.
With live market updates each minute, we can bring you the best possible prices, and you can reserve your items with a deposit of just 10 percent. The balance can then be paid at a later stage.
It’s quick, easy, and completely secure to purchase ancient coins and artefacts online with us, and our online ordering system operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This means you can make your purchases at any time convenient for you.
However, if you would like more advice before purchasing, our specialist team are happy to speak to you on 1300 844 018, Monday to Friday between 9.30 am and 5.00 pm. You can also visit us in person at our storefront in the heart of Sydney CBD. We are open 9:30 am - 4.30 pm on selected business days throughout the year. Check our online calendar here for days open.