1/2 oz 1990 South African Krugerrand Gold Proof Coin
1/2 oz 1990 South African Krugerrand Gold Proof Coin

1/2 oz 1990 South African Krugerrand Gold Proof Coin

In Stock
$1,756.40
Mint: South African Mint
Design: Krugerrand
Country: South Africa
Finish: Proof
Condition: Mint Condition
Packaging: Housed In Original Sa Mint Display Box
Composition: Gold
Weight (grams): 16.965
Weight (troy/oz): 0.5
Purity (%): 91.67
Thickness (mm): 2.215
Diameter (mm): 27.07
Product Description:

The Krugerrand has been minted since 1967 and is the most widely held bullion coin in the world. More than 48 million Krugerrands have been minted by the South African Mint. The Krugerrand is struck from 22 carat gold (91.67%), with the remaining 8.33% of the coin's weight being copper. Iconic gold coin, Internationally recognised and Perfect proof quality as issued.

Obverse: design features Paul Kruger, the famous South African President.

Reverse: design features the springbok antelope. Although Krugerrands are considered legal tender coins, they do not have a face value and are traded based on the prevailing value of their gold content.